Wednesday, June 25, 2014

John has visited many underground caves and canyons in his travels... Thanks to a dear friend he has also been able to travel to one of the caves that I really enjoyed while I was living in Missouri.... Marvel Cave.... (cameras are not exactly allowed... but thanks for sneaking these pics)

this is the Cathedral Room.... seemed very fitting...



When his mission was over...William thought it fitting to burn the envelopes and such... 


William S Benton‎ Said: 
Epilogue: In order to spread John's ashes in 3 places, I made up 3 separate containers to carry them. Being a sometimes clumsy person, I divided the ashes on several pieces of paper so as not to make a mess. When I was done, I was left with several pieces of paper, a couple of envelopes, and some paper towels. But somehow, it didn't seem right to just throw them in the trash, so I brought them home and burned them. Strangely enough, just moments after I took this picture, a strong wind came up and started blowing the bits away. Seemed like a sign to me...

I know you said that some people were leaving messages for John, but I didn't know him, and now I never will. I did what I did, not for him, but for the kind, gentle soul who was his sister. Still, if he was half the person you are, I'm sure I would have liked him (I too have a thing for cathedrals, and my bucket list contains a world cathedral tour). As a current sailor on a fantasy sea, and a former part time sailor on the real one, I will just give the traditional Navy farewell, and wish him fair winds and following seas.

Thank you for the chance to be a part of this.




No comments: